7 Tops Ways to Overcome Your Public Speaking Fear

Congratulations on making a great decision and reading the 7 Top Ways to Conquer Your Public Speaking Fear. Whether you are attending a business networking luncheon, speaking to a group of Sunday school students or attending a one on one business meeting, you are speaking in public. It is something we do everyday. Most of us have never had an ounce of public speaking training. We can either sink or swim. And when it comes to public speaking most of us sink.

I am amazed that society expects us to be great speakers without any formal training in school. All we can do is hope that we do not make a fool of ourselves. And believe me, I know from personal experience. I have been through the humiliation. I have been through the laughs. I can feel your pain or discomfort. If I can overcome my challenge, you can too.
I wish I could tell you that there was a magic pill. There isn't. Remember, I didn't say "Top Easy Ways." Because there isn't a quick fix, what I am going to share with you may seem uncomfortable at first. I promise you, you will be okay. It is like ripping off a band-aid at times. You have to take the first step. Public speaking is exactly the same thing. You have to commit yourself to taking the first step and applying the 7 Top Ways to Conquer Public Speaking Fear. If you do so, you may realize you can truly overcome your fear. So many of my clients have conquered their fear. I know you can too

Top Way #1: Realize it is Perfectly Okay to be Nervous.
Do you remember when you first tried to ride a bicycle, drive a car or use a computer?
Do you still get nervous?
You first had to learn how to do it. Then you had to make a couple of "hopefully" minor mistakes. And now you are so comfortable with it, that it almost seems easy. Public speaking is exactly the same. When you commit yourself to learning the art of public speaking and staying open to moving past your comfort zones, I promise you it will get easier.
I have a Secret to tell you. I still get butterflies in my stomach. Would you like to know why this still happens to me? I want my audience to know that I put my heart and soul into my presentation and into my message. I want to be my best for my audience. As a result, I have some nervous energy before I speak. However, I do follow these exact principles I am sharing with you. Then I channel the nervous energy in to a dynamic, powerful and fun presentation with tons of heart. If I can do it, you can too.

Top Way #2: Burning Desire
Do you have a real passion for what you are talking about?
Do you have such a strong commitment to changing lives that you will do anything to overcome your fear?
I had to connect with my Burning Desire too. As I started to get in touch with my true passion for empowering others through public speaking, I rushed to come up with a speaking topic. I chose to talk about organizing and de-cluttering homes and offices. It was something that over time I became really good at. It was obvious that so many people needed my help.
I began speaking to groups and organizations about letting go of clutter and getting organized. I did everything I thought I should do. I tried to convince my audience that I was passionate about organizing. An audience will always know when your heart isn't truly in your topic. It is something you can't fake. As a result, no matter how hard I tried to put on a big smile, every organizing speaking event seemed like a chore. My audience could sense that too.
When you do not feel the passion for your topic, it makes it a thousand times harder to create and deliver a powerful presentation. In case you haven't figured it out yet, I absolutely LOVE teaching the art of public speaking today. It is something that I am truly passionate about. Remember, you can't fake a burning desire. You will know when you are faking it and so will your audience. As a result true public speaking success may seem to elude you. The next time you have to give a presentation, be creative and incorporate something that you love to talk about and relate it to your topic. Watch for the many blessing that will unfold as a result.

Top Way #3: If You Can See It, You Can Achieve It
Are you focused on a negative outcome?
Are you afraid that you are going to make a fool of yourself?
One of the essential keys to becoming a confident and powerful speaker is Visualization. Many new speakers sabotage themselves with negative self talk before they even get started. You need to control your negative self talk, or it will control you. When you expect the worst, the worst usually happens. The next time you are getting ready to give a presentation to a group, spend a few minutes each day seeing yourself as the huge success you know you deserve to be. All you have to do is close your eyes and see yourself making a confident and successful presentation. If you commit to doing it, you will reap great rewards.

Top Way #4: Relaxing is as Easy as One, Two, Three
Do you feel like you are grasping for air?
Are you BREATHING?
At one time or another, everyone including the most experienced speakers will feel some form of nervousness and anxiety. Most speakers have become so accustomed to breathing shallow breaths, especially when they are feeling nervous, uncomfortable or rushed. Shallow breathing will absolutely increase a speaker's level of anxiety. As I have learned from personal experience, it can also lead to an unpleasant higher pitch in the speaker's voice.
The opposite type of breathing, deep belly breathing, has a dramatic and instantaneous positive relaxing effect on your body, voice and your mind. The best speakers know that one of the easiest ways to relax is to learn how to breathe properly. Deep breathing is a simple and effective technique for getting our bodies and our minds to relax.
I discovered this simple solution to BREATHING EASIER. Always have a pitcher of room temperature water on hand when you are speaking. I know some of you are thinking, "Yuck. Room temperature water." Listen to me. Drinking room temperature water not only helps wet the mouth, it also relaxes the vocal cords and muscles. Ultimately the room temperature water makes it easier for you to breath.

Top Way #5: Your Audience Truly Wants You to Succeed
Do you think your audience wants you to fail?
Or do you believe that your audience wants you to be great?
Statistics have show that public speaking is the number one fear that people have. In your audience's eyes you are a star already because you are willing to conquer your fears when most of them can't even step foot on a stage. You are a Winner already because you are willing to take action, learn and grow. Always remember, your audience needs you.
One of the most effective ways to reach, move and connect with your audience is to get to know who is in your audience in advance and finding out why they are choosing to listen to you speak. So many times people get so nervous wondering what their audience is thinking about them. Instead, a much more productive thought is to think about why your audience needs your information and what difference it is going to make in their lives.

Top Way #6: Time to Get Physical
Do you know how to use your body to decrease nerves?
Are you open to getting physical?
When you are preparing your presentation, think of a fun way to incorporate a physical movement or a prop to help reinforce your message. If you can incorporate this in to the first few seconds of your presentation, your nerves will significantly decrease just from doing something physical in the beginning of your presentation.
Over the years, I have learned to be very creative with props, everything from hats, Lego's, dice and even Reese's peanut butter cups. I have used basically anything I could find that would enhance my presentation and enhance my audiences' ability to learn. Props are essential to a great presentation because they serve as a very important visual aid. You are giving your audience what they need because most of your audience members are probably visual. Props are a great way to keep them entertained and help you conquer your fear. Be creative. You can use props in so many imaginative ways.

Top Way #7: Incorporate the 3 P's
Have you ever tried to make up a presentation as you go a long?
Do you stumble and bumble over your own words?
Please learn from Amonda Rose's Operation Oops. I have rehearsed my personal introduction; also known as the elevator speech over and over again. I know it is an attention grabbing and powerful introduction that gets results. However, one day I decided to abandon my intro at a networking meeting. I had one minute to speak and I bumbled and stumbled over my words. I felt horrible about it. I left that meeting committed to never ever doing that again. I am committed to sticking with what works. My 3 P's Solution is really simple. Are your ready? Here it is. The 3 P's Solution is Practice, Practice and Practice. I am surprised that so many people forget to do this. Commit to yourself today that you are going to Practice. If you take this simple principle and apply it consistently you will reap great rewards.

Bonus Top Way #8: You've Got to Tell'em
Do you want more?
Do you like Bonus Tips?
I know I do! When you are getting ready to prepare a presentation or create a personal introduction that sizzles, always keep in mind this simple and easy format for every presentation using the tell 'em format
Tell 'em what you're going to tell 'em
Tell 'em
Tell 'em what you told 'em"
Get started today and commit to following the "7 Tops Ways to Conquer Your Public Speaking Fear." You have the ability to reach your true potential and improve your ability to communicate whether it is in a group or one on one. Vital to your success is your desire to change, a vision for your life and dreams you want to turn into reality. By being proactive about your future, your priceless success and happiness are ensured. There will never be a better time than now to launch your success and create an incredible future.
You can know everything about any topic, even your own business, however if you are unable to communicate effectively to your prospective clients, you may never have the level of true success you desire. For most of us, the first step is to overcome our fear of public speaking. Bravo for being proactive about your life. All great communicators are committed to learning and growing so they can master the art of public speaking.
THANK YOU for caring enough about yourself and your audience to read this report and for giving me the absolute pleasure to serve you in your public speaking needs. I want you all to know how much I appreciate you for taking the first step and reading this article. I have just so much information to share, and I haven't even scratched the surface.
For more information about Amonda Rose, visit HighPerformanceSpeaking.com to learn how she can help anyone move from Fearful and Doubtful to Confident and Dynamic.

Amonda Rose uses the most advanced Public Speaking and Communication Techniques to help the beginner to the advanced students excel.
To book Amonda Rose to speak to your group or to request information about her powerful High Performance Speaking Coaching or Pain-Free Public Speaking Workshops, Tele-Classes and Webinars, call 561-706-7371 or visit
http://www.HighPerformanceSpeaking.com and http://www.PainFreePublicSpeaking.com
Copyright © MMVIII - Amonda Rose Igoe

0 comments: